Women who want to grow in their careers have to go through a lot of different phases, struggles and responsibilities. Marriage, motherhood and a lot more reasons like that bind them to take gaps that create a lag in their career progress ultimately taking a toll on their careers.
However things are changing !The belief that ‘Women are an indispensable part of a nation’s workforce’ is holding roots now. As a result of this, many companies are conducting drives to bring women with career gaps back in the flow.
If you are a woman struggling to make a comeback in the field of IT, This article helps you give a clearer view and more power.
- You had paused , not stopped.
- Treat your career gap as a ‘pause’ and as a ‘stop’ at all. You can and you MUST resume your career journey.
- It may need some learning and brushing up to cope up with what has changed in years of your gap.
- But quitting the career for the fear of coming back is not done !
- Family is a combined responsibility.
- A lot of women believe that family is their individual responsibility. Hence the attention divided in family and career gives them a lot of guilt.
- It needs to be understood that family is husband and wife’s combined responsibility. This will surely help you cheer you to focus on your work.
- Thanks to all the supportive men whose positive views are increasing women’s share in the nation’s workforce.
- Take rejections as redirections.
- You may face some rejections initially but that is completely okay. Do not let those rejections take down your self esteem and determination to come back.
- Take rejections as redirections and learn from each one of them.
- Make sure every next interview you are presenting a better version of you.
- Upskilling is MUST
- In order to cope up with the advancements in IT, you must upgrade your profile by upskilling yourself with the newest technology.
- This will improve your confidence and candidacy for better opportunities.
- Gain and exude Confidence.
- The lost connection with the professional field can create hesitation within you. However it is important to feel confident and exude the same.
- You can join some soft skills course which will help you enhance your self esteem and presentability too.
- Grow your network.
- ‘Relevant network’ is one of the most powerful assets any professional can possess.
- Be active on social media, join relevant groups, Follow people who have achieved what you aspire and meet as many of them as possible.
- Networks can work miracles for you and bring you your dream opportunities. So make sure you are ready to make the most of it.
To sum up, It is certainly possible for women to make a powerful comeback if they believe, strive and upskill. Also it is responsibility of everyone in the society to encourage them in every possible way because, “Any society that fails to harness the energy and creativity of its women is at a huge disadvantage in the modern world.
Know more about Author: Pooja Katneshwarkar