A trending career shift with immense growth is no longer far with your dreams. Experience reading about Cloud Engineering here..
Cloud engineering has successive growth over the last couple of year. With its growing popularity everyone wants to be the part of the rising domain by expanding their knowledge on cloud engineer and cloud computing. As the Cloud Computing started its growth in market, cloud adopters look forward to have cloud experts which later emerged job role as that of a cloud engineering. Cloud computing is in trend for those who wants to start their career in cloud computing. As we go on further, we will understand what is cloud engineering, Roles and responsibilities of cloud engineer and want skills area required for Cloud engineer.
Those who wants to set up their career path in direction of cloud computing, they become cloud engineer. A Cloud Engineer is an IT professional responsible for a number of technological responsibilities under Cloud Computing. So, a cloud engineer is a software engineer who also knows how to use cloud services effectively. Cloud Engineer is mainly responsible for the cloud management, planning and infrastructure on cloud and its maintenance and support.
A cloud engineer is an IT professional who takes care of all the technical work related to cloud computing and is responsible for technological duties associated with cloud computing including design, planning, architecture, management, maintenance, monitoring and support. Cloud engineers knows to build software applications that uses cloud computing as well as cloud services and tools available in cloud. Cloud Engineer knows advantages and disadvantages of cloud services for the specific software they are creating. Therefore, cloud engineers are good at architecture, designing and write code associated with cloud components. They know how to use it effectively.
The role of Cloud Engineer may vary depending upon the responsibility you possess:
- Cloud Architect
- Cloud Software Engineer
- Cloud Security Engineer
- Cloud Network Engineer
To become cloud engineer here are few Roles and Responsibility with job role you serve in a company.
- Roles and Responsibility as Cloud Architect
Cloud Architect convert technical requirements of a project into architecture and design to guide final product. Cloud Architect bridge gaps between complex business problem and solutions in cloud. They have strong background in cloud computing and related technical area.
- Designing and deploying applications on cloud
- Identifying and using the appropriate cloud services to support applications on the cloud.
- Shifting on-premises apps of the company to the cloud
- Maintaining usage of cloud services and implementing the cost-saving strategies.
- Roles and Responsibility as Cloud Developer
Cloud Developers might be application or software developer or web developer who design and build computer software and applications using cloud platforms.
- Identifying the best practices of cloud architecture to support applications
- Using their programming knowledge to write codes for server-less application
- To automate different parts of the development process
- Understand the application life cycle and utilizing APIs
- Roles and Responsibility as Software Engineer
Cloud Engineers are field experts on cloud computing with some leading programming language skills like Java, PHP, Python. Cloud Engineers seek experience with openStack, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platforms, Microsoft Azure, Docker, APIs, Orchestration, Automation, DevOps and databases like NoSQL is essential for a company to hire.
- Assessing company’s infrastructure and migrating different functions to the cloud-based system
- Build, maintain and link to cloud services with technical skills, business knowledge and experience.
- Work with major cloud providers like Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platforms and Microsoft Azure.
Required Education to become Cloud Engineer
Anyone with bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, engineering, or related discipline to work as a Cloud Operations Engineer. Along with this strong background in AWS- Amazon Web Services will be beneficial with AWS certification. Although many programs include course in the platforms and skills required to become cloud engineer. Some of the most marketable certificates that align well with cloud computing jobs are:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certification
- Microsoft Azure Certification
- Google Cloud Platform Citification
- CompTIA Cloud+ Certification
- Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK)
- VMware Cloud Management &Automation
Mandatory Skills for Cloud Computing
Technical skills are essential and vital skills for cloud engineers. Some of the technical and knowledge includes cloud methodologies like PaaS and SaaS, Programing language like Python, Orchestration system such as Chef, Azure, IaaS servers, PowerShell scripting, Splunk and AppD. Cloud Engineers should also have strong communication skills and have project management abilities to build information technology business initiatives.
Cloud engineer jobs is especially bright for those with expertise in Software as a (SaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and Platform as a Service (PaaS) as these three cloud segments are fastest growing cloud segments over next 7 years. Cloud computing has its massive marketplace growing and expanding in technology sector with workforce demand in future. There will be more job openings than qualified engineers in cloud computing.
To enhance your knowledge consider attending our Growth Hacking session. Register for the webinar now by clicking on the link below.
You can also download premium learning’s app from the link below
Know more about Author: Rupali Holkar